The course provides the training for seafarers to launch and take charge of a fast rescue boat and comprises the mandatory minimum requirements for training and issuing a certificate in accordance with the Section A-VI/2 para.5-8,Table A-VI/2-2 of STCW 78,as amended, IMO Model course 1.24 and Directive 2008/106/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
This course aims to train the seafarers for establishment, preparation and maintenance of the competency , complying with the standards ,regulations and recommendations laid out inSTCW 78,as amended Chapter VI, Section A-VI/2, Table A-VI/2-2, IMO Model course 1.24 and Directive 2008/106/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council, regarding:
- handling a fast rescue boat ,
- launching and recovering of the fast rescue boat in adverse weather and sea conditions,
- operate the fast rescue boat engine
- Use of all locating devices, including communication and signaling equipment between the rescue boat and a helicopter and the ship
- how to carry out search patterns
Entry standards -
Certificate -After successful course completion BMA issues a certificate 'Proficiency in fast rescue boats” in accordance with the Regulation VІ/2, paragraph 2 of STCW 78 (as amended) certifying that the holder has met the standards of competence, specified in Table A-VI/2-2 of STCW . The certificate is valid for 5 years.
The course is provided in English on customer request.